Monday, January 10, 2011

Hey you. Yes, you. Read this.

Please don't think I'm a creep...

From time to time, I like to scroll down the list of blogs and read them. I'm sure all of us do sometimes. I feel like our blogs are very secret, though- not necessarily in a bad way, but we never really talk about them. Sometimes I think people feel as if the effort they pit into these blogs is for nothing, and that's not true at all. The whole point of these blogs is to communicate, so I think I'll do just that.

It's interesting for me to be able to see what people have written about and how they approach their subject. Some of you sneak the message in an anecdote, others pick a theme and roll with it. I know all of you to some extent, but with these blogs I'm seeing a whole new side of you. Most of your personal stories have given me a deeper respect for you and made me realize that all people are multifaceted and complex.

It's also made me understand that we are all similar in many ways, yet unique. Everyone is eloquent, whether in their simplicity or complexity. We share many of the same struggles but we all have different ways of going about solving them. These blogs aren't open to the vast majority of our peers, and I think we have that in common, too. The things we write about in our blogs might be things we've never told anyone before; we need to embrace this.

In a word (for each), your blogs are elegant, simple, aware, enthusiastic, observant, analytical, introspective, succinct, descriptive, informative, and wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment