Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The roadmap...of life

I am so disappointed by how ignorant people are regarding history. It seems like no one cares about the past anymore, which is saddening. I COULD go on a rant about all the examples of this I've heard at school, but I'll refrain for the sake of my health.

Anyways, I would liken history to a roadmap. If you don't know where you've been, how can you possibly know where you're going? You wouldn't be able to predict the obstacles along the road ahead, either. You would be driving blindly, never knowing when the road might curve or what detour to take if there's a proverbial tree in the middle of the road.

People in the past have worked so hard to get us where we are today. Isn't it a shame not to give them credit?

1 comment:

  1. But you can get to where you are going by where you are now, using the road map example... But if you didn't know how to drive then you would be able to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete