Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Darkness

Darkness-Robert Francis

So today I was telling Tori and Emma about how the scariest thing to wake up to, apart from an axe murderer or finding yourself lit on fire, is a bat flapping around your room. I don't have a problem with bats, it's just that, at 3 a.m., it's extremely terrifying to hear a noise and see a huge black blur flying methodically around the ceiling. Extra scary points if there is no light and you have awful eyesight. When I woke up that night, I was not thinking clearly and turned on the light, which made the bat go into even more of a frenzy. I rolled out of bed and army-crawled so as not to get hit in the head by the bat (one of the only good things about having a small bedroom is that it takes very little time to crawl from your bed to the door). I ran out into the hallway and slammed the door, wide-eyed from my harrowing encounter with the bat.
But I wasn't really afraid of the bat. I was afraid because it was dark, I was near-blind, and there was this ghostlike thing flying around my room. There has to be some sort of symbolism in that, but who knows. You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment