Monday, November 22, 2010

Life Without IB (Shoutout to Tori)

So Tori's latest post is about what her life would be like without IB. I kind of stole that topic from her. Anyways, my life with out IB would be:




I don't really know what I would be doing if I weren't in IB. It's been pretty much decided since I was a freshman. I guess I'd be in AP classes. I feel like if I hadn't done IB, I wouldn't be as motivated as I am now. If you had told me last year, "You are going to spend your entire afternoon working on this English paper. Then you will have to do two pages of math. After that, you can either work on that history essay or do some syllabus statements for bio. Don't forget to read and do your journal for French. No, you can't watch TV," I would have said, "Screw this. I'll just tell my teachers I forgot to do the homework," and kick back with a bowl of popcorn to watch a movie. I still want to do that, but it's like it's not even an option. I like and respect my teachers too much to do that. I mean, I've always respected my teachers, it's just that it's a lot harder to slip by unnoticed when there are nine people in your class.

If I weren't in IB, I probably wouldn't be friends (not to be presumptuous, but it's true) with most of the people in our IB class. Or we wouldn't be as good of friends. Despite the fact that it's easy to get annoyed or bored, I think that having classes with all the same people is my favorite part of IB. Now I don't have to socialize or meet new people at all! A socially awkward person's dream come true!

Life without IB might be less stress-free but I'm told it's like a dress rehearsal for college. Imagine, for all you people in theater, if you were told to perform a play without having rehearsed it. I imagine that wouldn't go very well at all. It's giving us all a dose of stress now so we won't have to have as much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment